Christ Church Parish – Episcopal
Christ Church Food Pantry
- The largest food pantry in Plymouth, serving over 200 clients per month
- The Pantry is open to serve clients every Tuesday and Thursday, 4:00 to 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Provides nutritious food in a supermarket-style pantry year-round. The pantry purchases and picks up food from the Greater Boston Food Bank warehouse in Plymouth and also collects food from its congregation and local schools. Volunteers serve a couple of hours per month at the pantry, or one or two hours per month to assist in picking up food at the warehouse. Training and mentoring is provided and volunteers work in teams.
- Please contact Eileen Paris, volunteer coordinator for the Pantry, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-747-1399.
- Thanksgiving dinners are provided to those in need. If you are interested in our Thanksgiving Basket Ministry, please contact Jennifer Keane.
Christ Church Thrift Shoppe:
- Sells gently used clothing for people of all ages, as well as books, CD’s, household items, and small furniture items. Volunteers are trained as shopkeepers or sorters and are also invited to join the thrift shoppe ministry team. Interested? Contact Dot Smith.
- The shop is located across the driveway at 6 Lothrop Street in the vintage gray house.
- Tel: 508-746-4990
- Hours of operation: Thursday and Friday 10 AM to 4 PM; Saturday 10 AM to 1 PM
Family to Family:
- During the Christmas season, Christ Church assists the Massachusetts Department of Family and Children’s Services in buying Christmas gifts for needy families. If you are interested in being part of this ministry team, please contact Barbara Stevenson.
Overnights of Hospitality:
- Christ Church collaborates with other congregations in Plymouth to house men during the cold winter months. We provide a safe and warm place to sleep and an evening and morning meal for up to 25 men per night for an average of four weeks from late October through March. Volunteers are trained to serve as chaperones and meal preparers. To learn more, please contact Christine DeGowin, or Jamie Cowan.
- We also have a limited shower ministry for the men who are our guests during the winter. It takes place twice per week for two hours at a time. Volunteers assist in collecting supplies for the shower ministry, such as towels and hygiene items, and in supervising the use of the shower. For more information, please contact John Malloy.